Candle Safety Tips for Tucson?
SERVPRO® of Northeast Tucson and SERVPRO® of Oro Valley/Marana East has been restoring fire damage in the Tucson area for years, and we have seen the damage fires started by candles can cause. Here are some candle safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association to keep you and your family safe around candles:
- Never leave a child alone in a room with a burning candle
- Keep matches and lighters up high and out of children’s reach in a locked cabinet
- Blow out all candles when you leave the room or go to bed
- Avoid the use of candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep
- Keep candles at least one foot away from anything that can burn
- Use candle holders that are sturdy and won’t tip over easily
- Put candle holders on a sturdy, uncluttered surface
- Light candles carefully
- Keep your hair and any loose clothing away from the flame
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down
- Put the candle out before it gets too close to the holder or container
- Never use a candle if oxygen is used in the home
- Have flashlights and battery-powered lighting ready to use during a power outage
- Never use candles during a power outage
Call Us Today!
When you need fire damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Northeast Tucson and SERVPRO® of Oro Valley/Marana East have a team of highly trained technicians ready to respond to your call. Call us today at 520-760-9352.
SERVPRO® of Northeast Tucson and
SERVPRO® of Oro Valley /Marana East is Independently Owned and Operated.