Be Prepared for Flooding in Tucson
Since floods are one of the most common natural disasters in the U.S., with an average of 25% of flood claims coming from low-risk areas, SERVPRO of Northeast Tucson and SERVPRO of Oro Valley /Marana East has these tips to offer you to help reduce the amount of flood damage when it occurs.
Lower the Risk of Flood Damage Tucson:
- Check your county planning department to see if you live in a flood plain
- Build barriers to stop floodwater from getting into the basement
- Use waterproofing sealants to avoid water damage
- Back up computer files and keep them in a safe location
- Install a drainage system or flood wall in your yard
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) reports that flood insurance is available even in low-risk areas
- Do not keep important information or possessions in the basement
- Raise equipment off the basement floor
- Install a sump pump
SERVPRO of Northeast Tucson and SERVPRO of Oro Valley /Marana East is here to help remediate flood damage if the unfortunate happens to you.
SERVPRO® of Northeast Tucson and SERVPRO® of Oro Valley /Marana East is Independently Owned and Operated.